How to Start a Husqvarna Chainsaw
Many people often don’t know how to start a Husqvarna chainsaw. In fact, “how do I start a Husqvarna chainsaw” is a pretty common question or at least a frequent search on Google amongst chainsaw users. Here are simple tips on how to start a Husqvarna chainsaw.
Basically, there are two ways to start a chainsaw: by putting the saw on the ground or between your legs. No matter the starting method you choose, you should always remember that it is important to activate the chain brake.
You can start many chainsaw models in what is called half-throttle position. If you don’t activate the chain brake when starting a chainsaw, the chain may start rotating, which is not good as it may harm you.
Table of Contents
How to start a cold engine
Here are the simple steps you need to for to start a cold chainsaw engine:
- Start by activating the chain brake
- If the model has a decompression control, press it
- Activate the choke, and if the chainsaw has Air Purge/fuel pump, simply press the bulb a couple of times until you can see the fuel inside it. After there, it will go to the carburetor
- When starting the chainsaw on the ground, the position you right foot in the rear handle and use your left hand to grip the front handle firmly. When starting with the chainsaw between your legs, you will need to place rear handle between your legs and hold the front handle with your left hand firmly.
- Use your right hand to pull the starter handle. If it doesn’t start, repeat until it fires.
- Push the choke and pull until the chainsaw starts
- Accelerate so that the chainsaw idles and release the chain brake
How to start a hot engine
If the engine has been running and it’s hot, it will start without the choke. So, simply follow the instructions above, but skip the points that relate to using the choke. In the event that the engine can’t start, simply apply the half-throttle. You will first need to activate the choke fully to access half-throttle. Thereafter, you can easily cut wood, including wood that has been glued with PVA glue.
What to do when your Husqvarna chainsaw won’t start
Most chainsaws will start years after they were first purchases, but a few may have difficulties even from the beginning. While taking the machine back may seem like the simplest solution, chances are the problem is a common error. Here are a few things you should do when the saw doesn’t start:
- Make sure that the machine is turned on-The chainsaw must be turned on to work. So, you will want to make sure that the ignition switch is ON and the switch isn’t loose or damaged. Also, ensure that the choke lever is in the “start” position and the primer bulb is filled with fuel
- Make sure that the fuel is reaching the carburetor-When you have fuel in the tank, check to ensure that it is reaching the carburetor. If you see that the primer bulb is not filling, chances are that the carburetor is not getting fuel.
- Make sure that the spark plug is working-if the Husqvarna chainsaw has gas and it’s still not working, chances are that it has a faulty spark plug. So, you will want to follow the right procedures to check if the spark plug is working
When you want to start up a Husqvarna chainsaw, you need to make sure that you follow the startup instructions carefully. Don’t damage the chainsaw by starting it in the wrong way. Take your time to ensure that you are starting the chainsaw correctly and ensure that everything is operating properly. This way, the machine will last longer and you will be able to use it efficiently.